Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
?Note: This page may contain content that is offensive or inappropriate for some readers.
1. One who greases, such as a worker who greases working parts in a machine.
2. Slang A tough young man, especially one from a white working-class background who is much involved with motorcycles or cars.
3. Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a person of Latin, especially Latin American or Italian, descent.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Automotive Engineering) a mechanic, esp of motor vehicles
2. (Nautical Terms) a semiskilled engine attendant aboard a merchant ship
3. a young long-haired motorcyclist, usually one of a gang
4. an unpleasant person, esp one who ingratiates himself with superiors
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person or thing that greases.
2. Slang. a swaggering young tough, esp. a member of a street gang.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||greaser - (ethnic slur) offensive term for a person of Mexican descent|
depreciation - a communication that belittles somebody or something
ethnic slur - a slur on someone's race or language
Mexican - a native or inhabitant of Mexico
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
1. (= mechanic) → mecánico/a m/f
2. (o.f.) (= motorcyclist) → motociclista mf
4. (US) (pej) (= Latin American) → sudaca mf
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007