greenheart(redirected from greenhearts)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
1. A tropical American evergreen tree (Chlorocardium rodiei syn. Ocotea rodiei) having greenish durable wood.
2. The wood of this tree, used especially for marine construction.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Plants) Also called: bebeeru a tropical American lauraceous tree, Ocotea (or Nectandra) rodiaei, that has dark green durable wood and bark that yields the alkaloid bebeerine
2. (Plants) any of various similar trees
3. (Plants) the wood of any of these trees
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a South American tree, Ocotea (or Nectandra) rodiei, of the laurel family, yielding a hard durable greenish wood.
2. the wood itself.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.