grift(redirected from grifted)
1. Money made dishonestly, as in a swindle.
2. A swindle or confidence game.
v. grift·ed, grift·ing, grifts
To engage in swindling or cheating.
To obtain by swindling or cheating.
[Perhaps alteration of graft.]
an act of obtaining money from someone by fraud
to swindle someone out of money
1. the practice of obtaining money by swindles, frauds, etc.
2. money obtained from such practices.v.i.
3. to profit by the use of grift.v.t.
4. to obtain (profit) by grift.
[1910–15; perhaps alter. of graft2]
Past participle: grifted