Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to groomer: yelp
1. A person employed to take care of horses or a stable.
2. A man who is about to be married or has recently been married.
3. One of several officers in an English royal household.
a. A man.
b. A male servant.
v. groomed, groom·ing, grooms
1. To care for the appearance of; to make neat and trim: groomed himself carefully in front of the mirror.
2. To clean and brush (an animal).
3. To remove dirt and parasites from the skin, fur, or feathers of (another animal).
4. To prepare, as for a specific position or purpose: groom an employee for advancement.
5. Sports To prepare (terrain) for participants in a sport, as by packing down new snow and leveling moguls for skiers.
To care for one's appearance.
[Middle English grom. N., sense 2, short for bridegroom.]