ground plan(redirected from ground plans)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to ground plans: Floor plans
1. A plan of a floor of a building drawn as if seen from overhead.
2. A preliminary plan or strategy: the ground plan for an invasion.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Architecture) a drawing of the ground floor of a building, esp one to scale. See also plan3 Compare elevation5
2. a preliminary or basic outline
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the plan of a floor of a building.
2. a first or fundamental plan.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.