Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A bottom fish.
a. A spectator in the cheap standing-room section of an Elizabethan theater.
b. A person with uncultivated tastes.
1. (Biology) any animal or plant that lives close to the ground or at the bottom of a lake, river, etc
a. (in Elizabethan theatre) a spectator standing in the yard in front of the stage and paying least
b. a spectator in the cheapest section of any theatre
3. (Aeronautics) a person on the ground as distinguished from one in an aircraft
1. a plant or animal that lives close to the ground or at the bottom of the water.
2. a person of unsophisticated tastes.
3. a person on the ground rather than in an aircraft.
4. a member of a theater audience sitting in one of the cheaper seats or, in an Elizabethan theater, standing in the pit.