Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
v. grubbed, grub·bing, grubs
1. To dig up by or as if by the roots: grubbed carrots with a stick.
2. To clear of roots and stumps by digging: grubbed a small plot.
3. Slang To obtain by importunity: grub a cigarette.
1. To dig in the earth: grub for potatoes.
a. To search laboriously by or as if by digging; rummage.
b. To toil arduously; drudge: grub for a living.
1. The thick wormlike larva of certain beetles and other insects.
2. A drudge.
3. Slang Food.
1. a person who grubs
2. (Tools) another name for grub hoe
3. (Rugby) rugby a kick of the ball along the ground
4. (Cricket) cricket a delivery which keeps very low upon bouncing