Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Wikipedia.
Related to haberdasher: haberdashery
1. A dealer in men's furnishings.
2. Chiefly British A dealer in sewing notions and small wares.
[Middle English, perhaps from Anglo-Norman hapertas, petty wares.]
1. (Knitting & Sewing) Brit a dealer in small articles for sewing, such as buttons, zips, and ribbons
2. (Clothing & Fashion) US a men's outfitter
[C14: from Anglo-French hapertas small items of merchandise, of obscure origin]
hab•er•dash•er(ˈhæb ərˌdæʃ ər)
1. a retail dealer in men's furnishings.
2. Chiefly Brit. a dealer in small wares.
[1275–1325; Middle English haberdasshere, of obscure orig.]
A person who deals in men’s clothing and accessories.