Haitian(redirected from haitianly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to haitianly: Haitian Creole
Of or relating to Haiti or its people or culture.
a. A native or inhabitant of Haiti.
b. A person of Haitian ancestry.
2. Haitian Creole.
1. (Placename) relating to or characteristic of Haiti, its inhabitants, or their language
2. (Peoples) relating to or characteristic of Haiti, its inhabitants, or their language
3. (Languages) relating to or characteristic of Haiti, its inhabitants, or their language
nFormer spelling: Haytian
4. (Peoples) a native, citizen, or inhabitant of Haiti
5. (Languages) the creolized French spoken in Haiti
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Haitian - a native or inhabitant of Haiti |
Haiti, Republic of Haiti - a republic in the West Indies on the western part of the island of Hispaniola; achieved independence from France in 1804; the poorest and most illiterate nation in the western hemisphere
West Indian - a native or inhabitant of the West Indies
|Adj.||1.||Haitian - of or relating to or characteristic of the republic of Haiti or its people; "Haitian shantytowns"|