hamstrung(redirected from hamstrungs)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Any of the tendons at the rear hollow of the human knee.
2. or hamstrings The hamstring muscle.
3. The large tendon in the back of the hock of a quadruped.
tr.v. ham·strung (-strŭng′), ham·string·ing, ham·strings
1. To cut the hamstring of (an animal or a person) and thereby cripple.
2. To destroy or hinder the efficiency of; frustrate: "These worthwhile books are often hamstrung by unimaginative formats and inaccurate art" (Don Lessem).