Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The wood of a eudicot or a magnoliid, such as an oak, maple, or magnolia.
2. A eudicot or magnoliid tree.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Forestry) the wood of any of numerous broad-leaved dicotyledonous trees, such as oak, beech, ash, etc, as distinguished from the wood of a conifer
2. (Forestry) any tree from which this wood is obtained
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the hard, compact wood or timber of various trees, as the oak, cherry, maple, or mahogany.
2. a tree yielding such wood.adj.
3. made or constructed of hardwood.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
hardwood[ˈhɑːdˌwʊd] n → legno duro
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995