Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Growing or grown into a head.
2. Having a head or heading.
3. Having a specified kind or number of heads. Often used in combination: a flat-headed screw; three-headed Cerberus.
4. Having a mentality of a certain type. Often used in combination: soft-headed politicians; a cool-headed fighter pilot.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
a. having a head or heads
b. (in combination): two-headed; bullet-headed.
2. having a heading: headed notepaper.
3. (in combination) having a mind or intellect as specified: thickheaded.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
adj. (usu. used in combination)
1. having a head, mentality, or personality of the specified kind: levelheaded; baldheaded.
2. having the specified number of heads: a two-headed calf.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||headed - having a heading or course in a certain direction; "westward headed wagons"|
|2.||headed - having a heading or caption; "a headed column"; "headed notepaper"|
unheaded - not having a heading or caption; "unheaded sections"
|3.||headed - having a head of a specified kind or anything that serves as a head; often used in combination; "headed bolts"; "three-headed Cerberus"; "a cool-headed fighter pilot"|
headless - not having a head or formed without a head ; "the headless horseman"; "brads are headless nails"
|4.||headed - of leafy vegetables; having formed into a head; "headed cabbages"|
mature - having reached full natural growth or development; "a mature cell"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.