headed(redirected from headedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Growing or grown into a head.
2. Having a head or heading.
3. Having a specified kind or number of heads. Often used in combination: a flat-headed screw; three-headed Cerberus.
4. Having a mentality of a certain type. Often used in combination: soft-headed politicians; a cool-headed fighter pilot.
a. having a head or heads
b. (in combination): two-headed; bullet-headed.
2. having a heading: headed notepaper.
3. (in combination) having a mind or intellect as specified: thickheaded.
adj. (usu. used in combination)
1. having a head, mentality, or personality of the specified kind: levelheaded; baldheaded.
2. having the specified number of heads: a two-headed calf.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||headed - having a heading or course in a certain direction; "westward headed wagons"|
|2.||headed - having a heading or caption; "a headed column"; "headed notepaper"|
unheaded - not having a heading or caption; "unheaded sections"
|3.||headed - having a head of a specified kind or anything that serves as a head; often used in combination; "headed bolts"; "three-headed Cerberus"; "a cool-headed fighter pilot"|
headless - not having a head or formed without a head ; "the headless horseman"; "brads are headless nails"
|4.||headed - of leafy vegetables; having formed into a head; "headed cabbages"|
mature - having reached full natural growth or development; "a mature cell"