Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A protective covering for the head.
2. A set of headphones; a headset.
3. See headstall.
4. An ornamental design, especially at the top of a page.
5. The seat of intelligence; brains.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) printing a decorative band at the top of a page, chapter, etc
2. (Clothing & Fashion) any covering for the head, esp a helmet
3. archaic the intellect
4. (Horse Training, Riding & Manège) a less common word for crownpiece2
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a piece of armor for the head; helmet.
2. any covering for the head.
3. a headset.
4. intellect; judgment.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||headpiece - the band that is the part of a bridle that fits around a horse's head|
band - a thin flat strip of flexible material that is worn around the body or one of the limbs (especially to decorate the body)
bridle - headgear for a horse; includes a headstall and bit and reins to give the rider or driver control
|2.||headpiece - a protective helmet for the head|
helmet - a protective headgear made of hard material to resist blows
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.