Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A protective covering for the head.
2. A set of headphones; a headset.
3. See headstall.
4. An ornamental design, especially at the top of a page.
5. The seat of intelligence; brains.
1. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) printing a decorative band at the top of a page, chapter, etc
2. (Clothing & Fashion) any covering for the head, esp a helmet
3. archaic the intellect
4. (Horse Training, Riding & Manège) a less common word for crownpiece2
1. a piece of armor for the head; helmet.
2. any covering for the head.
3. a headset.
4. intellect; judgment.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||headpiece - the band that is the part of a bridle that fits around a horse's head|
band - a thin flat strip of flexible material that is worn around the body or one of the limbs (especially to decorate the body)
bridle - headgear for a horse; includes a headstall and bit and reins to give the rider or driver control
|2.||headpiece - a protective helmet for the head|
helmet - a protective headgear made of hard material to resist blows