VENETA - A Veneta family had a close call Wednesday morning when a heat lamp
used for keeping young chickens warm in a cage in their garage fell into some pine shavings used for bedding and set them on fire, Lane County fire officials said.
Our piglets have to go under a heat lamp
because their stalls are too big for the sow's heat to keep them warm.
White stuff: Arctic fox Juliet should feel at home I've got the hump: This camel doesn't look too keen on snow Heat seeker: A chilly meerkat warms up under a heat lamp
Snow Snow go: It's so cold even this snow leopard won't go out
Now Professor Stephen Morris of Toronto University and graduate student Lucas Goehring have replicated its formation using water and corn flour and a heat lamp
A heat lamp
set light to the bedding in one of our whelping kennels, a roof caught fire and spread along the roofing felt causing tremendous heat and smoke.
Modifying this setup with a heat lamp
, this brooder has fostered many chicks to hardiness in the past century.
This one warmed itself under the glow of a heat lamp
in its enclosure at Taronga Zoo in Sydney.
Later this fall and in time for the holidays, Bon Home will introduce the Culinary Heat Lamp
, the first heat lamp
designed for everyday use in the home.
Investigators suspect the fire at 91593 North Coburg Road started after a heat lamp
fell and made contact with cardboard and other flammable materials, Coburg Fire Chief Chad Minter said.
A FIRE sparked when a heat lamp
fell on the floor led firefighters to discover a cannabis factory in Colwyn Bay.
She allegedly showed officers to a wardrobe where there was electrical equipment, a water system and a heat lamp
, plus four cannabis plants.
If the freeze has occurred behind a wall or ceiling, aim a hair dryer or heat lamp
at the area from a distance of about eight inches (to avoid scorching the wall).