heliocentric(redirected from heliocentrical)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
he·li·o·cen·tric(hē′lē-ō-sĕn′trĭk) also he·li·o·cen·tri·cal (-trĭ-kəl)
1. Of or relating to a reference system based at the center of the sun.
2. Having the sun as the center.
he′li·o·cen·tric′i·ty (-trĭs′ĭ-tē) n.
1. (Astronomy) having the sun at its centre
2. (Astronomy) measured from or in relation to the centre of the sun
ˌheliocenˈtricity, ˌhelioˈcentriˌcism n
he•li•o•cen•tric(ˌhi li oʊˈsɛn trɪk)
1. measured or considered as being seen from the center of the sun.
2. having or representing the sun as a center: a heliocentric concept of the universe.
he`li•o•cen•tric′i•ty (-ˈtrɪs ɪ ti) he`li•o•cen′tri•cism (-trəˌsɪz əm) n.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. In relation to the sun as seen from the sun's center: the heliocentric position of a planet.
The American Heritage® Student Science Dictionary, Second Edition. Copyright © 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.