herbage(redirected from herbage larval counts)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. Herbaceous plant growth, especially grass or similar vegetation used for pasturage.
2. The fleshy, often edible parts of plants.
[Middle English, from Old French erbage, from erbe; see herb.]
1. (Botany) herbaceous plants collectively, esp the edible parts on which cattle, sheep, etc, graze
2. (Agriculture) the vegetation of pasture land; pasturage
herb•age(ˈɜr bɪdʒ, ˈhɜr-)
1. nonwoody vegetation.
2. the succulent leaves and stems of herbaceous plants, esp. when used for grazing.