Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to hexagonal: Hexagonal lattice
1. Having six sides.
2. Containing a hexagon or shaped like one.
3. Mineralogy Having three equal axes intersecting at angles of 60° in one plane and one axis of variable length that is perpendicular to the others.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Mathematics) having six sides and six angles
2. (Mathematics) of or relating to a hexagon
3. (Chemistry) relating or belonging to the crystal system characterized by three equal coplanar axes inclined at 60° to each other and a fourth longer or shorter axis at right angles to their plane. See also trigonal
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
hex•ag•o•nal(hɛkˈsæg ə nl)
1. of, pertaining to, or having the form of a hexagon.
2. having a hexagon as a base or cross section: a hexagonal prism.
3. divided into hexagons, as a surface.
4. noting or pertaining to a system of crystallization having three equal axes, in one plane, intersecting each other at 60° angles, with a fourth axis perpendicular to the other three.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Having six sides.
2. Relating to a crystal having three axes of equal length intersecting at angles of 60° in one plane, and a fourth axis of a different length that is perpendicular to this plane. The mineral calcite has hexagonal crystals. See more at crystal.
The American Heritage® Student Science Dictionary, Second Edition. Copyright © 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
hexagonal[hekˈsægənəl] ADJ → hexagonal
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
hexagonal[hɛkˈsægənəl] adj → hexagonal(e)
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
adj → sechseckig, hexagonal
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
hexagonal[hɛkˈsægən/əl] adj → esagonale
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995