Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to high-pressure: high blood pressure
1. Of or relating to pressures higher than normal, especially higher than atmospheric pressure.
a. Using aggressive, persistent persuasive tactics: a high-pressure salesperson.
b. Full of or imposing great stress or tension: a high-pressure job.
tr.v. high-pres·sured, high-pres·sur·ing, high-pres·sures Informal
To attempt to sell (something) or persuade (someone) by using aggressive, persistent tactics.
1. (General Physics) having, using, involving, or designed to withstand a pressure above normal pressure: a high-pressure gas; a high-pressure cylinder.
2. informal (of selling) persuasive in an aggressive and persistent manner
adj., v. -sured, -sur•ing. adj.
1. having or involving a pressure above the normal.
2. involving a high degree of stress; demanding: a high-pressure job.
3. vigorous; persistent; aggressive: high-pressure salesmanship.v.t.
4. to use aggressively forceful sales tactics on: high-pressured into buying a car.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||high-pressure - aggressively and persistently persuasive; "a hard-hitting advertising campaign"; "a high-pressure salesman"|
aggressive - having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends; "an aggressive businessman"; "an aggressive basketball player"; "he was aggressive and imperious; positive in his convictions"; "aggressive drivers"