Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A well-defined natural elevation smaller than a mountain.
2. A small heap, pile, or mound.
a. A mound of earth piled around and over a plant.
b. A plant thus covered.
4. An incline, especially of a road; a slope.
a. Capitol Hill. Often used with the.
b. The US Congress. Often used with the.
tr.v. hilled, hill·ing, hillsIdiom:
1. To form into a hill, pile, or heap.
2. To cover (a plant) with a mound of soil.
over the hill Informal
Past one's prime.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Biography) Dame Wendy. 1912–2003, British actress. Her many films include Pygmalion (1938), Major Barbara (1940), and Separate Tables (1958)
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014