Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. A list of potential murder victims.
2. A list designating a target, as for attack, coercion, or elimination: "had a hit list of executives he wanted fired" (New York).
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a list of people to be murdered: a terrorist hit list.
2. a list of targets to be eliminated in some way: a hit list of pits to be closed.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a list of people singled out as targets for murder.
2. a list of people, programs, etc., to be opposed.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.