Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Of or relating to holism.
a. Emphasizing the importance of the whole and the interdependence of its parts.
b. Concerned with wholes rather than analysis or separation into parts: holistic medicine; holistic ecology.
1. (Philosophy) of or relating to a doctrine of holism
2. (Medicine) of or relating to the medical consideration of the complete person, physically and psychologically, in the treatment of a disease
1. incorporating or identifying with the principles of holism: holistic psychology.
2. pertaining to or using therapies outside the mainstream of orthodox medicine, as chiropractic, homeopathy, or naturopathy.
In health care, a term used to describe treatments of the whole person: mind, body and spirit.