visiting nurse

(redirected from home health nurse)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.

visiting nurse

n.
A registered nurse employed by a public health agency or hospital to promote community health and especially to visit and administer treatment to sick people in their homes.

visiting nurse

n
1. (Medicine) (in the US) a registered nurse employed by a community, hospital, etc, to visit and nurse the sick in their homes or to promote public health
2. (Professions) (in the US) a registered nurse employed by a community, hospital, etc, to visit and nurse the sick in their homes or to promote public health

vis′iting nurse′


n.
a registered nurse employed by a social service agency to give medical care to the sick in their homes or to implement other public health programs.
[1920–25]
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Noun1.visiting nurse - a nurse who is paid to visit the sick in their homesvisiting nurse - a nurse who is paid to visit the sick in their homes
nurse - one skilled in caring for young children or the sick (usually under the supervision of a physician)
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Currently, satisfaction rates are low and recruitment costs are high, costing agencies anywhere between $1,500 to $3,000 per skilled home health nurse, with only an average of 47 percent of these nurses filling new, open positions, and the other 53 percent replacing churned employees.
What if the home health nurse schedules a visit at 10 a.
As presented at the 2015 ISTA Conference in Vienna, a recent knee arthroplasty study at Hospital for Special Surgery in New York showed that, compared to staples, patients with the Zip device had significantly fewer wound complications, required no home health nurse visit (for removal), and had no patient-reported problems or wound-related readmissions, the company said.
There are rumblings about town that some Denton residents - unhappy with the city's decision to stand down - plan to protest around the Vantage well sites, but Cathy McMullen, a home health nurse who organized the push against fracking, said she did not blame city officials.
You're that home health nurse that has to see 5-8 patients that day, or one of the staff in a busy out-patient surgery setting.
Brown was a home health nurse and was seeing patients in the Monroeville, Ala.
As a home health nurse, I remember patients receiving once a month injections as a skilled service, and with a new payment system that service was no longer reimbursed.
The home health nurse allegedly told the daughter that the agency would need an order from her mother's physician before starting home treatment for the skin breakdown.
Erikson, a home health nurse and vice chairwoman of the MNA bargaining unit for Memorial, Hahnemann and home health nurses, said yesterday of the decision to sell the home health business.
NNA is inclusive and desires every nurse, every specialty, from the staff nurse to the home health nurse, nurses in long term care, nurse educators, nurse researchers, and whatever your specialty
Although the book is written at the level of the lay caregiver, this resource could well serve to enhance professional caregiving skills in a variety of settings, including home health nurse, hospice provider, and extended-care facility nursing assistants.
In fact, I was sitting in my bedroom waiting for a visit from the home health nurse.

Full browser ?