home video


Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

home video

n.
1. An amateur video made in the home or documenting a family event.
2. The medium in which movies are recorded and distributed for viewing in the home: a movie released on home video.

home′ vid′eo


n.
1. a videotape recorded by camcorder generally for noncommercial use, esp. for viewing at home.
2. the business of renting or selling prerecorded videocassettes for viewing esp. at home.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Influence of Watching Yoruba Home Video Films on Secondary School Students Academic Performance in Yoruba Language in Ile-Ife Metropolis, Osun State, Nigeria.
While the internationalization of Anglophone academia problematizes drawing firm conclusions about dominant understandings of a given subject, one could say scholarship on home video has largely fallen into two categories.
Home video in Germany is now heavily dominated by international manufacturers.
If you're in the Home Video industry in India, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
Euromonitor International's Home Video in Malaysia report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the in-home, portable and in-car consumer electronics products markets at a national level.
Reliance Home Video and Games has a pan-India distribution network that will allow the BBC titles to reach urban and mass markets alike.
With Amazon and TVS Home Video, we now have that opportunity for viewers to collect their favorite shows."
Under the multi-million dollar deal, Image had acquired 70% in Madacy Home Video and will buy the remaining 30%, still owned by Madacy Entertainment, by 31 August 2014, the buyer said.
Home Video Essentials is Rentrak's exclusive point-of-sale (POS) tracking system, which measures title-level performance via rental transactions on over 65,000 DVD and video game properties in the brickandmortar, online, and kiosk channels across North America.
The study, which assesses the home video activities of major retailers and gives an overview of the supply chain infrastructure, notes that the nation's home video market is in the midst of transformation as the supply chain prepares for tighter inventory management as well as regular stock replenishment.
(Ellen: A&E Home Video, $49.95; DVD-licious: Warner Home Video, $24.98)
For home video transfers, the VRD-MC1 includes a digital video (DV) input (i.LINK/FireWire/IEEE 1394) that allows for quick and easy high-quality video transfers from a digital camcorder, including full camcorder control from the DVDirect recorder in synchronized recording mode, says the company.