homespun(redirected from homespunly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Spun or woven in the home: homespun linen.
2. Made of a homespun fabric: a homespun tablecloth.
3. Simple and homely; unpretentious: "Most small towns would have gladly forfeited some of their homespun values if it meant luring a firm there" (William Mueller).
1. A plain, coarse, usually woolen cloth made of homespun yarn.
2. A similar sturdy fabric made on a power loom.
1. having plain or unsophisticated character
2. (Knitting & Sewing) woven or spun at home
3. (Textiles) cloth made at home or made of yarn spun at home
4. (Textiles) a cloth resembling this but made on a power loom
1. spun or made at home: homespun cloth.
2. made of homespun: homespun clothing.
3. plain; simple: homespun humor.n.
4. a plain-weave cloth made at home or of homespun yarn.
5. any cloth of similar appearance.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||homespun - a rough loosely woven fabric originally made with yarn that was spun at home|
cloth, fabric, textile, material - artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers; "the fabric in the curtains was light and semitransparent"; "woven cloth originated in Mesopotamia around 5000 BC"; "she measured off enough material for a dress"
russet - a reddish brown homespun fabric
|Adj.||1.||homespun - of textiles; having a rough surface; "a sweater knitted of nubbly homespun yarns"|
|2.||homespun - characteristic of country life; "cracker-barrel philosophy"; "folksy humor"; "the air of homespun country boys"|
rural - living in or characteristic of farming or country life; "rural people"; "large rural households"; "unpaved rural roads"; "an economy that is basically rural"
|3.||homespun - made of cloth spun or woven in the home; "homespun linen"; "homespun garments"|
homemade - made or produced in the home or by yourself; "homemade bread"