horse opera(redirected from horse operas)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
A film or other theatrical work about the American West; a western.
(Film) informal another term for Western4
1. lying toward or situated in the west.
2. directed or proceeding toward the west: a western migration.
3. coming or originating from the west, as a wind.
4. (often cap.) of or pertaining to the West in the U.S.
5. (usu. cap.) Occidental.
6. (usu. cap.) of or pertaining to the non-Communist countries of Europe and the Americas.
7. (cap.) of or pertaining to the Western Church.n.
8. (often cap.) a story, movie, or radio or television play about the U.S. West of the 19th century.
9. a person or thing from a western region or country.
horse opera- A slang term for a western (movie).
See also related terms for movie.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||horse opera - a film about life in the western United States during the period of exploration and development|
feature film, feature - the principal (full-length) film in a program at a movie theater; "the feature tonight is `Casablanca'"
spaghetti Western - a low-budget Western movie produced by a European (especially an Italian) film company