Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. The hide of a horse.
2. Leather made from the hide of a horse.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Tanning) the hide of a horse
2. (Tanning) leather made from this hide
3. (Tanning) (modifier) made of horsehide
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the hide of a horse.
2. leather made from the hide of a horse.
3. Informal. a baseball.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.