hot-dog(redirected from hot-dogged)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
intr.v. hot-dogged, hot-dog·ging, hot-dogs Slang
To perform daring stunts or acrobatic maneuvers, as while skiing or surfing.
hot′-dog′ging adj. & n.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a frankfurter.
2. a sandwich of a frankfurter in a split roll.
3. Also, hot′dog`.Slang. a person who hot-dogs; hot-dogger.interj.
4. (used to express great joy or delight.)
v. -dogged, -dog•ging,
adj. Slang. v.i.
1. to perform intricate maneuvers in a sport, esp. surfing or skiing.
2. to perform flamboyantly; show off.adj.
3. highly skillful.
4. done for attention; showy or sensational.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Past participle: hot-dogged
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011