Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
1. A party at which guests stay overnight or for several days in a residence, such as the home of the one giving the party.
2. The guests at such a party.
1. a party, usually in a country house, at which guests are invited to stay for several days
2. the guests who are invited
1. the entertainment of guests for one or more nights at one's home or at another place, as a fraternity house.
2. the guests at such an affair or party.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||house party - a party lasting over one or more nights at a large house|
party - an occasion on which people can assemble for social interaction and entertainment; "he planned a party to celebrate Bastille Day"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.