Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
1. A party at which guests stay overnight or for several days in a residence, such as the home of the one giving the party.
2. The guests at such a party.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a party, usually in a country house, at which guests are invited to stay for several days
2. the guests who are invited
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the entertainment of guests for one or more nights at one's home or at another place, as a fraternity house.
2. the guests at such an affair or party.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||house party - a party lasting over one or more nights at a large house|
party - an occasion on which people can assemble for social interaction and entertainment; "he planned a party to celebrate Bastille Day"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.