Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A group of similarly designed houses or apartment buildings, usually planned and constructed by a single developer.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
de•vel•op•ment(dɪˈvɛl əp mənt)
1. the act of developing.
2. a significant consequence or event.
3. a developed state or form; maturity.
4. the section of a musical composition in which themes or motifs are developed.
5. a large group of dwellings, often of similar design and constructed as a community, esp. by a real-estate developer.
6. the raising of funds, expansion of activities or opportunities, etc., esp. for an organization or foundation.
[1745–55; < French]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||housing development - a residential area of similar dwellings built by property developers and usually under a single management; "they live in the new housing development"|
development - a district that has been developed to serve some purpose; "such land is practical for small park developments"
housing project, public housing - a housing development that is publicly funded and administered for low-income families
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.