howling(redirected from howlingly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Marked by the sound of howling: a howling wind.
2. Desolate; dreary: a howling wilderness.
3. Slang Very great; tremendous: a howling success.
(prenominal) informal (intensifier): a howling success; a howling error.
1. desolate or dreary: a howling wasteland.
2. very great; tremendous: a howling triumph.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||howling - a long loud emotional utterance; "he gave a howl of pain"; "howls of laughter"; "their howling had no effect"|
|Adj.||1.||howling - extraordinarily good or great ; used especially as intensifiers; "a fantastic trip to the Orient"; "the film was fantastic!"; "a howling success"; "a marvelous collection of rare books"; "had a rattling conversation about politics"; "a tremendous achievement"|
extraordinary - beyond what is ordinary or usual; highly unusual or exceptional or remarkable; "extraordinary authority"; "an extraordinary achievement"; "her extraordinary beauty"; "enjoyed extraordinary popularity"; "an extraordinary capacity for work"; "an extraordinary session of the legislature"