Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
The sum of qualities and traits shared by all humans.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the qualities common to humanity
2. ordinary human behaviour, esp considered as less than perfect
3. (Sociology) sociol the unique elements that form a basic part of human life and distinguish it from other animal life
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the psychological and social qualities that characterize humankind.
2. the character of human conduct, generally regarded as produced by living in primary groups.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||human nature - the shared psychological attributes of humankind that are assumed to be shared by all human beings; "a great observer of human nature"|
attribute - an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of an entity
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995