hydrogen sulphate


Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to hydrogen sulphate: Sodium hydrogen sulphate

hydrogen sulphate

n
(Elements & Compounds) another name for bisulphate
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
References in periodicals archive ?
A preliminary processing plant at site processes hydrocarbons which contain 4 per cent hydrogen sulphate gas, producing 35 million cubic feet of gas and 4,400 barrels of condensate per day.
Thus, two identical solutions of [H.sub.2]S show different concentrations at different ambient temperature and the presence of oxygen will promote the reduction of hydrogen sulphide to hydrogen sulphate.
Three newer ones were procured from the manufacturer: Virkon (Triple salt of potassium monopersulphate, potassium sulphate and potassium hydrogen sulphate and a strong oxidizing agent), a registered trademark of Antec International Limited, a subsidiary of DuPont; Novacide (3%w/v polyhexamethylene biguanide and 10%w/v didecyldimethyl ammonium chloride, a fourth generation quaternary ammonium disinfectant with surfactant properties) and Silvicide (combination of 0.01% silver nitrate and 10% hydrogen peroxide, also a strong oxidizing agent) both manufactured by BioShields, Tulip group, India.