Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
hy·dro·ki·net·ic(hī′drō-kə-nĕt′ĭk, -kī-) also hy·dro·ki·net·i·cal (-ĭ-kəl)
1. Of or relating to hydrokinetics.
2. Of or relating to the kinetic energy and motion of fluids.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
hydrokinetic(ˌhaɪdrəʊkɪˈnɛtɪk; -kaɪ-) or
1. (General Physics) of or concerned with fluids that are in motion
2. (General Physics) of or concerned with hydrokinetics
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
hy•dro•ki•net•ic(ˌhaɪ droʊ kɪˈnɛt ɪk, -kaɪ-)
1. of or pertaining to the motion of liquids.
2. of or pertaining to hydrokinetics.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||hydrokinetic - relating to fluids in motion or the forces that produce or affect such motion|
hydrostatic - relating to fluids at rest or to the pressures they exert or transmit; "hydrostatic pressure"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.