Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to hypertensive: Hypertensive crisis, Hypertensive heart disease, Hypertensive encephalopathy
1. Of or characterized by hypertension.
2. Causing an increase in blood pressure: a hypertensive medication.
1. A person with or susceptible to hypertension.
2. A drug capable of causing an increase in blood pressure.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
hy•per•ten•sive(ˌhaɪ pərˈtɛn sɪv)
1. characterized by or causing high blood pressure.n.
2. a person who has high blood pressure.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||hypertensive - a person who has abnormally high blood pressure|
patient - a person who requires medical care; "the number of emergency patients has grown rapidly"
|Adj.||1.||hypertensive - having abnormally high blood pressure|
hypotensive - having abnormally low blood pressure
normotensive - having normal blood pressure
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
a. hipertensivo-a, hipertenso-a.
1. que causa elevación en la presión;
2. rel. a la hipertensión o que padece de ella.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
hypertensiveadj (crisis, disorder, state, etc.) hipertensivo, (effect) hipertensor, (patient) hipertenso
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.