passbook(redirected from iWallet)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to iWallet: eWallet
1. See bankbook.
2. A book in which a merchant records credit sales.
3. A document formerly issued to a black person in South Africa and used to enforce certain legal and economic restrictions under the apartheid system. Also called reference book.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Banking & Finance) a book for keeping a record of withdrawals from and payments into a building society
2. (Banking & Finance) another name for bankbook
3. (Commerce) a customer's book in which is recorded by a trader a list of credit sales to that customer
4. (Historical Terms) (formerly in South Africa) an official document serving to identify the bearer, his race, his residence, and his employment
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||passbook - a record of deposits and withdrawals and interest held by depositors at certain banks|
record - a document that can serve as legal evidence of a transaction; "they could find no record of the purchase"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
passbook[ˈpɑːsˌbʊk] n → libretto di risparmio
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995