Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to ice pack: Ice pack therapy
1. A floating mass of compacted ice fragments.
2. A folded sac filled with crushed ice and applied to sore or swollen parts of the body to reduce pain and inflammation. Also called ice bag.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a bag or folded cloth containing ice, applied to a part of the body, esp the head, to cool, reduce swelling, etc
2. (Physical Geography) another name for pack ice
3. a sachet containing a gel that can be frozen or heated and that retains its temperature for an extended period of time, used esp in cool bags
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a large area of floating marine ice whose pieces are driven together by wind, current, etc. Also called ice pack.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||ice pack - a waterproof bag filled with ice: applied to the body (especially the head) to cool or reduce swelling|
bag - a flexible container with a single opening; "he stuffed his laundry into a large bag"
|2.||ice pack - a large expanse of floating ice |
ice - the frozen part of a body of water
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.