Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to ice pack: Ice pack therapy
1. A floating mass of compacted ice fragments.
2. A folded sac filled with crushed ice and applied to sore or swollen parts of the body to reduce pain and inflammation. Also called ice bag.
1. a bag or folded cloth containing ice, applied to a part of the body, esp the head, to cool, reduce swelling, etc
2. (Physical Geography) another name for pack ice
3. a sachet containing a gel that can be frozen or heated and that retains its temperature for an extended period of time, used esp in cool bags
a large area of floating marine ice whose pieces are driven together by wind, current, etc. Also called ice pack.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||ice pack - a waterproof bag filled with ice: applied to the body (especially the head) to cool or reduce swelling|
bag - a flexible container with a single opening; "he stuffed his laundry into a large bag"
|2.||ice pack - a large expanse of floating ice |
ice - the frozen part of a body of water