iconic(redirected from iconicly)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
1. Of, relating to, or having the character of an icon.
2. Symbolic, emblematic, or representative: a classroom scene that is iconic of what is wrong with the education system.
3. Having a conventional formulaic style. Used of certain memorial statues and busts.
i′co·nic′i·ty (ī′kə-nĭs′ĭ-tē) n.
1. relating to, resembling, or having the character of an icon
2. (Art Terms) (of memorial sculptures, esp those depicting athletes of ancient Greece) having a fixed conventional style
|Adj.||1.||iconic - relating to or having the characteristics on an icon|