imagined(redirected from imaginedly)
Also found in: Legal.
v. i·mag·ined, i·mag·in·ing, i·mag·ines
1. To form a mental picture or image of: imagined a better life abroad.
2. To think or suppose; conjecture: I imagine you're right.
3. To have a notion of or about without adequate foundation; fancy or believe: She imagines herself to be a true artist.
1. To employ the imagination.
2. To have a belief or make a guess.
[Middle English imaginen, from Old French imaginer, from Latin imāginārī, from imāgō, imāgin-, image; see aim- in Indo-European roots.]