Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
a. Impossible to move.
b. Incapable of movement.
2. Impossible to alter: immovable plans.
3. Unyielding in principle, purpose, or adherence; steadfast.
4. Incapable of being moved emotionally.
5. Law Of or relating to things, such as trees and buildings, attached to real property: immovable property.
1. One that cannot move or be moved.
2. often immovables Law Things that are attached to real property.
im·mov′a·bil′i·ty, im·mov′a·ble·ness n.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||immovability - not capable of being moved or rearranged|
immobility - the quality of not moving
fixity, fastness, fixedness, secureness, fixture - the quality of being fixed in place as by some firm attachment
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.