punctum(redirected from imperforate punctum)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
n, pl -tums or -ta (-tə)
1. (Anatomy) anatomy a tip or small point
2. (Mathematics) obsolete a mathematical point
3. obsolete a small unit of time
4. obsolete the essence of something
5. (Zoology) zoology botany med a small dot or rounded mark
6. (Grammar) grammar obsolete a full stop
7. (Music, other) (in early music) an inflection used at the end of a chant
8. (Music, other) (in early music) a neume
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||punctum - (anatomy) a point or small area|
point - the precise location of something; a spatially limited location; "she walked to a point where she could survey the whole street"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.