impiety(redirected from impieties)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to impieties: impiousness
n. pl. im·pi·e·ties
1. The quality or state of being impious.
2. An impious act.
n, pl -ties
1. lack of reverence or proper respect for a god
2. any lack of proper respect
3. an impious act
im•pi•e•ty(ɪmˈpaɪ ɪ ti)
n., pl. -ties.
1. the quality or state of being impious; irreverence.
2. an impious act or practice.
[1300–50; Middle English < Latin]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||impiety - unrighteousness by virtue of lacking respect for a god|
unrighteousness - failure to adhere to moral principles; "forgave us our sins and cleansed us of all unrighteousness"
undutifulness - impiety characterized by lack of devotion to duty