impulsion(redirected from impulsions)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. The act of impelling or the condition of being impelled: "I do not move ... unless it be under the impulsion of a third party" (Samuel Beckett).
2. An impelling force; a thrust.
3. Motion produced by an impelling force; momentum.
4. A wish or urge from within; an impulse.
1. the act of impelling or the state of being impelled
2. motion produced by an impulse; propulsion
3. a driving force; compulsion
1. the act of impelling.
2. the resulting state or effect.
[1400–50; late Middle English < Latin]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||impulsion - a force that moves something along |
force - (physics) the influence that produces a change in a physical quantity; "force equals mass times acceleration"
|2.||impulsion - the act of applying force suddenly; "the impulse knocked him over"|