Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
adj. im·pur·er, im·pur·est
1. Not pure or clean; contaminated.
2. Not purified by religious rite; unclean.
3. Immoral or sinful: impure thoughts.
4. Mixed with another, usually inferior substance; adulterated.
5. Being a composite of more than one color or mixed with black or white.
6. Deriving from more than one source, style, or convention; eclectic: an impure art form.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||impureness - the condition of being impure|
condition, status - a state at a particular time; "a condition (or state) of disrepair"; "the current status of the arms negotiations"
dirtiness - the state of containing dirty impurities
putridity - the state of being putrid
pollution - undesirable state of the natural environment being contaminated with harmful substances as a consequence of human activities