Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. Uttered without the use of normal words or syllables; incomprehensible as speech or language: "a cry ... that ... sank down into an inarticulate whine" (Jack London).
2. Unable to speak; speechless: inarticulate with astonishment.
3. Unable to speak with clarity or eloquence: an inarticulate debater.
4. Going unexpressed: inarticulate sorrow.
5. Biology Not having joints or segments.
in′ar·tic′u·late·ness, in′ar·tic′u·la·cy (-lə-sē) n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adv.||1.||inarticulately - without eloquence; in an inarticulate manner; "the freshman expresses his thoughts inarticulately"|
|2.||inarticulately - in an inarticulate manner; "he talked inarticulately about the accident that had just taken his wife's life"|