Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Nautical Within the hull or toward the center of a vessel.
2. Relatively close to the fuselage of an aircraft: the inboard engines.
A motor mounted inside the hull of a boat.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Nautical Terms) (esp of a boat's motor or engine) situated within the hull. Compare outboard1
2. (Aeronautics) situated between the wing tip of an aircraft and its fuselage: an inboard engine.
towards the centre line of or within a vessel, aircraft, etc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. located inside a hull or aircraft.
2. located nearer the center, as of an airplane.
3. (of a motorboat) having the motor inboard.adv.
4. inside or toward the longitudinal axis or center of a hull, aircraft, machine, etc.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||inboard - located within the hull or nearest the midline of a vessel or aircraft; "the inboard flaps on the wing"|
outboard - located away from the midline of a vessel or aircraft; "the outboard section of a wing"; "outboard rigging"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
inboard[ˈɪnbɔːd] ADJ [engine] → interior
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
adj → Innenbord-; inboard motor → Innenbordmotor m
adv → binnenbords
n → Innenbordmotor m
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
inboard[ˈɪnˌbɔːd] n (also inboard motor) → entrobordo m inv
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995