reporting(redirected from incident reporting)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
a. A formal account of the proceedings or transactions of a group: a company's annual report.
b. A spoken or written account of an event, usually presented in detail: a news report; reports of children getting food poisoning.
2. A person who is accountable or subordinate to another person within a company or organization: a manager with two reports.
3. reports Law Bound volumes containing the published court opinions in legal cases, intended to provide a reference for precedents in subsequent cases.
a. Reputation; repute: We know him only by report.
b. Archaic Common talk; rumor or gossip.
5. An explosive noise: the report of a rifle.
v. re·port·ed, re·port·ing, re·ports
a. To make or present an official or formal account of: The study reported a decline in heart disease. The audit reports that the company lost money.
b. To write or provide an account or summation of for publication or broadcast: report the news.
a. To tell about the presence or occurrence of: A burglar was reported in the area.
b. To relate or tell, especially from personal experience: They reported that fallen tree limbs were blocking the road. See Synonyms at describe.
3. To submit or relate the results of considerations concerning: The committee reported the bill.
4. To carry back and repeat to another: reported the rumor of a strike.
5. To complain about or denounce: reported the students to the principal.
1. To make a report: Would you please report on what happened?
2. To serve as a reporter for a publication, broadcasting company, or other news media.
3. To present oneself: report for duty.
4. To be accountable or subordinate to someone: She reports directly to the board of directors.
To return after deliberation to a legislative body for action: The committee reported the new tax bill out.
Subject to disciplinary action.
[Middle English, from Old French, from reporter, to report, from Latin reportāre : re-, re- + portāre, to carry; see per- in Indo-European roots.]
1. the act or process of reporting news or other events of general interest
2. (Journalism & Publishing) the act or process of reporting news or other events of general interest
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||reporting - the news as presented by reporters for newspapers or radio or television; "they accused the paper of biased coverage of race relations"|
news - information reported in a newspaper or news magazine; "the news of my death was greatly exaggerated"
déclaration des ordresmercatique après-ventereddition de comptes