Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Cut into a surface; engraved.
2. Made with or as if with a sharp instrument.
3. Deeply and sharply cut: the incised margin of a leaf.
1. cut into or engraved: an incised surface.
2. made by cutting or engraving: an incised design.
3. (Pathology) (of a wound) cleanly cut, as with a surgical knife
4. (Botany) having margins that are sharply and deeply indented: an incised leaf.
1. made by cutting; engraved: an incised pattern.
2. made or cut cleanly: an incised wound.
3. (of a leaf) sharply and irregularly notched.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||incised - sharply and deeply indented|
compound - composed of more than one part; "compound leaves are composed of several lobes; "compound flower heads"
|2.||incised - cut into with a sharp instrument|
cut - separated into parts or laid open or penetrated with a sharp edge or instrument; "the cut surface was mottled"; "cut tobacco"; "blood from his cut forehead"; "bandages on her cut wrists"
|3.||incised - cut or impressed into a surface; "an incised design"; "engraved invitations"|
a. cortado-a, inciso-a.