Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
Penetrating, clear, and sharp, as in operation or expression: an incisive mind; incisive comments.
1. keen, penetrating, or acute
2. biting or sarcastic; mordant: an incisive remark.
3. (Zoology) having a sharp cutting edge: incisive teeth.
1. penetrating; cutting: an incisive tone of voice.
2. clear and direct; keen: an incisive commentary.
[1520–30; < Medieval Latin]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||incisive - having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions; "an acute observer of politics and politicians"; "incisive comments"; "icy knifelike reasoning"; "as sharp and incisive as the stroke of a fang"; "penetrating insight"; "frequent penetrative observations"|
perceptive - having the ability to perceive or understand; keen in discernment; "a perceptive eye"; "a perceptive observation"
|2.||incisive - suitable for cutting or piercing; "incisive teeth"|
sharp - having or made by a thin edge or sharp point; suitable for cutting or piercing; "a sharp knife"; "a pencil with a sharp point"