Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to incorporeal: Incorporeal hereditament, incorporeal being, incorporeal rights, Incorporeal property
1. Lacking material form or substance.
2. Law Of or relating to property or an asset that cannot be physically possessed, as a right or patent.
[Middle English incorporealle, from Latin incorporeus : in-, not; see in-1 + corporeus, consisting of a body; see corporeal.]
in′cor·po′re·al′i·ty (-ăl′ĭ-tē) n.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. without material form, body, or substance
2. (Ecclesiastical Terms) spiritual or metaphysical
3. (Law) law having no material existence but existing by reason of its annexation of something material, such as an easement, touchline, copyright, etc: an incorporeal hereditament.
incorporeity, ˌincorporeˈality n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
in•cor•po•re•al(ˌɪn kɔrˈpɔr i əl, -ˈpoʊr-)
1. not corporeal or material; insubstantial.
2. having no material value but giving evidence of value, as a franchise.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||incorporeal - without material form or substance; "an incorporeal spirit"|
unbodied - having no body
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
incorporeal[ˌɪnkɔːpɔːrɪəl] ADJ (liter) → incorpóreo
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007